Iced tea has become very popular over the years. The health benefits of drinking iced tea are well known. There are many ways to prepare iced tea. Some prefer to boil water and pour it into their favorite teapot or mug.
Others prefer to use ice cubes and add hot water. Still, others prefer to use an electric machine to brew iced tea.
There are several types of iced tea makers available today. They range from simple machines to those that are quite complex.
Each type offers its own advantages and disadvantages. In this article, we will discover what are the best-iced tea makers available on the market right now.
OUR TOP PICK
The Brentwood Iced Tea Maker can brew around 8 servings of your favorite iced teas, in the 64-ounce pitcher which is also included.
We liked that you can make large servings die in the large pitcher, as this is important if you are having guests over and want to provide them all with a cup of iced tea.
This product uses a reusable filter basket, which is much more eco-friendly. This is because you are decreasing the amount of waste you make when using paper filters, while also saving money.
There is also an automatic shutoff feature, which means you don't have to worry if you haven't switched this machine off.
Speaking of added features, the Brentwood iced tea maker also features a dial that allows you to customize your drink to the strength that you like it.
- Large Capacity - You can make around 8 servings in one go with this iced tea maker. With a pitcher that can contain up to 64-ounces of iced tea.
- Strength Dial - There is a dial on this product that allows you to decide on the strength that you want your brew to be. This makes your iced tea completely customizable.
- Automatic Shutoff - With the Brentwood Iced Tea Maker, there is an automatic shutoff feature, which reduces the worry of if you have turned the machine off.
- Reusable Filters - This product features a reusable filter basket, which means you save money and decrease the amount of waste you normally make with paper filters.
Large - As this iced tea maker can make so much iced tea, it takes up quite a bit of space on your countertop. Thus, you need to be mindful of the amount of space you have before you purchase this product.
The Mr Coffee Iced Tea Maker is a versatile product that can make either iced tea or coffee any day. You can use either loose tea or tea bags with this iced tea maker.
From our experience, we discovered that you use this product like a normal coffee machine. As you place the water in the reservoir and then add your tea.
You need to add your ice to the pitcher just before you start brewing. A simple machine to use, to get your delicious iced tea ready in minutes.
The brewing basket can be removed, which makes cleaning this iced tea maker a breeze.
Also, once you have brewed your iced tea, this product will automatically shut off once it has completed its brewing cycle. Thus, you don't have to worry about whether you switched the iced tea maker off or not.
- Easy To Clean - The removable brewing basket makes the Mr Coffee Iced Tea Maker really simple and easy to clean. However, handwashing has been recommended with this product.
- Versatile - Not only can you make iced tea, but this product allows you to make coffee as well. Thus, you will only need this one product to do all your iced and normal beverage needs.
- Automatic Shut Off - After the brewing cycle is complete, then the Mr Coffee Iced Tea Maker will automatically shut itself off.
Brewing Time - Some customers have noted that they have had issues with the brewing time of their iced tea. As there is no dial or lever, it is difficult to judge when the tea is brewed. Alongside that, if you like your tea really strong you may have to brew it a couple of times before you reach the strength that you like.
Takeya's Iced Tea Maker consists of a durable BPA-free tritan pitcher and uses a leak-proof and airtight lid. It is your choice whether you use tea bags or loose tea leaves, as you have the option to use both.
We discovered that the Takeya iced tea maker can make your hot brewed tea cold within 30 seconds. Thus, you don't need to wait too long to enjoy a fresh cup of iced tea.
Due to the flash chill technology that this product uses, you will have iced tea in no time at all. Overall, this product makes 8 servings of iced tea in one go.
The airtight lid keeps the freshly brewed iced tea fresh while it is being stored either outside or in the fridge. Thus, the taste isn't affected if it isn't drunk straight away.
- Airtight Lid - The airtight lid that features on this product, will keep your iced tea fresh while it is being stored.
- Flash Chill Technology - The Takeya Iced Tea Maker uses flash chill technology, so once your tea is brewed, you can turn it into iced tea within 30 seconds.
- Loose or Bagged Tea - With this product, you can use loose tea leaves or bagged tea leaves. The choice is yours.
Spout Design - Customers have pointed out that the design of the spout can make pouring from this product difficult.
The HomeCraft Iced Tea Brewing System is a very versatile product to own. You can not only use it to create amazing tasting iced tea, but you can also use it for iced coffees, flavored water and lemonade.
It also has quite a large capacity, as the pitcher can hold around 12 cups of liquid. Due to being so large, there is a sturdy handle that helps make lifting and pouring much easier.
Alongside this, we liked that this product features a lid that turns easily for easy pouring and with an ice guard.
Stainless steel is a very durable material and gives this iced tea maker a very stylish and elegant appearance.
This product also features a dial that allows you to choose the strength that you wish your iced tea to be. Thus, you can always create the perfect strength of tea for your needs.
Also, the removable filter basket uses a shower head that completely saturates all the tea so that you get the maximum flavor from your tea.
- Strength Dial - You will notice a strength dial on this product, which allows you to pick the strength of your iced tea.
- Simple - The HomeCraft Brewing Station is a very easy product to use. It has one button to switch it on and to make it start working. While also, it features an automatic shut-off feature, that will turn your machine off once it has completed its cycle.
- Appearance - This appliance has a very stylish look, which will easily fit into any kitchen.
Stainless Steel - The name of this product is slightly misleading. As there is only one strip of stainless steel on this product at the front. The whole product isn't made from stainless steel, so it may look great, but there isn't much stainless steel to be found on this product.
Ovalware has created a cold brew maker with a tea infuser. This product has a smaller capacity compared to some of the other products we have mentioned in our list, however, there is a larger option available.
We found that using loose tea leaves is much better with this product, as you get a better brew and much more flavor from your tea.
You can make it with hot or cold tea, to make iced tea you need to brew your tea in the fridge for up to 12 hours, depending on the tea.
Everything has been thought about with this iced tea maker. We like the quality of all the materials that have been used.
Medical grade, superfine stainless steel is used for the filter and the lid. This kid will give you an airtight seal, to lock in the flavors that your tea creates.
The container is made from lab-tested borosilicate glass that is durable and reliable.
- Strainer - The strainer is very fine and will strain everything properly, to give you the best-iced tea drinking experience.
- Durable - Made from treated and tested materials to be reliable and durable. Stainless steel and glass gives this iced tea maker an elegant look, and yet will do what it is supposed to.
- Airtight - A rubber seal on the lid, helps make this product extremely airtight. Therefore, all the flavors are locked in, ready for when you next want your next cup of iced tea.
- Glass - This product is made from glass, so it can be broken if you aren't careful.
- Capacity - Compared to some of the other products we have mentioned, this is one of the smaller ones. However, there is another size option available, but this smaller option may make just enough iced tea for your needs.
When it comes to purchasing an iced tea maker, there are a couple of things to look out for. First, you should choose a product that is going to work well for you.
There are different types of tea makers available, such as those that heat water, those that cool water, and those that both heat and cool water. Some tea makers also come with a strainer, while others don't.
We have put together a quick guide on everything you need to think about when buying an iced tea maker.
Some iced tea makers are designed to hold a certain amount of tea, while others are designed to hold a large amount.
When choosing an iced tea maker, you should think about how often you will use it, and whether you plan on making iced tea or not.
If you're planning on using it every day, then you'll probably want something that holds a lot of tea, because you won't want to run out of tea.
On the other hand, if you're only planning on making iced tea once or twice a week, then you might want to go with a smaller capacity tea maker.
Also, you should consider the type of tea you plan on using. Some people prefer their tea strong and bitter, while others prefer their light and sweet. It's important to find a tea maker that works well for you.
Price is always an influential thing to think about when buying any new product. The budget that you have is important.
While most people would agree that buying a good product at a low price is always a great idea, sometimes you have to spend a bit more money to get a higher quality product.
For example, some people who buy a tea maker that doesn't have a strainer, end up having to buy a separate strainer.
Or, some people who buy an expensive tea maker end up finding that they don't really use it all that much.
So, before you buy any particular iced tea maker, think about how much time you're willing to put into maintaining it, and how many cups of iced tea you plan on making each day.
There are quite quality iced tea makers that will fit your budget. You just need to be aware of how often you will be using the product and the capacity that you need.
Also, certain features may bump up the price, but it depends on if you are willing to pay for the extras.
As you can see, there are a vast array of iced tea makers on the market. All of them look slightly different and can contain different features which help you make the perfect iced tea every time.
Some of the features you may want to look out for includes a strength dial or lever so that you can customize the strength to suit your needs.
Alongside this, there are several other features that you may want to look for in an iced tea maker, including a timer and a strainer.
A timer allows you to set the amount of time that you wish to make your iced tea, and a strainer makes sure that you don't lose any leaves from your tea.
Not every iced tea maker comes with these simple features that make your morning iced tea a lot easier.
The best way to decide what features you want is to take a look at a few different models and read through the reviews online.
This will give you a better idea of what features are worth paying extra for. As long as you know what you want, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding one that fits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Use An Iced Tea Maker To Make Cold-Brewed Coffee?
Yes, the majority of iced tea makers can be used to create a cold-brewed coffee. This is because the brewing process is quite similar between the two, therefore you can use a machine to create two different beverages.
How Do You Sweeten Iced Tea?
The easiest way to sweeten your iced tea is to add and dissolve sugar in your iced tea. However, if you want to sweeten your tea because it tastes bitter, then you should try adding a pinch of baking soda to your iced tea.
It may sound strange, but the baking soda neutralizes the tannins that are found in tea, thus resulting in a less bitter iced tea.
What Is the Point Of An Iced Tea Maker?
As the name suggests, the whole point of an iced tea maker is to prepare and make iced tea that can be enjoyed. Unlike iced tea that you buy in the store, you can use an iced tea maker to prepare fresh iced tea that tastes absolutely delicious.
Some people expect it to be difficult to make your own iced tea, and that is why they buy it from a store instead. But, making your own iced tea is surprisingly simple, and it tastes a lot better than store-bought iced tea.
With the help of an iced tea maker, making your own ice tea is easy which is why it is always a great idea to add one to your kitchen.